Friday, September 01, 2006

10 Years Ago Today (Fall of the Year 1996)

Periodically, and often,
with the change of the seasons
but, not necessarily so
I, purposely, will adjust my focus
and, if necessary, shift the scene!
As well as, modify those whom I associate with.
So as to realign myself
with the positive rhythms of life.
Therefore, it was at the turn of the seasons
on 22 September 1996
and when summer metamorphorsed into autumn
that I shfted my foci, decidely.
So as to affect/effect change!
And ...
not from out of some sort of mysticism
... but,
by being in touch with my own reality!
And then on the fifth of October 1996
which was the date of my birth, at its 43rd turn/year
I, consciencely, paused for ... just a bit ...
or, perhaps, for a moment or two.
So as to re-connect with my own rhythms,
astrologically speaking ...
______________________________
an excerpt from the poem and 1996 Fall Ad Campaign
In The Fall of The Year 1996
by
Elvert Xavier Barnes Photography . Writings . Ads

1 comment:

nge2grads said...

Hi,
Eason Simmons was a dear friend at Hartwick College. We met fall semester of our freshman year (1972) in Intensive French. Eason and I spent a term in Paris in the winter of 1974. We spent a lot of time dancing and went to Amsterdam together. Eason encouraged me to pledge one sorority rather than another, and it was good advice. He came to two sorority formals with me. He did not like the fellow I dated and eventually married. Eason liked my high school boyfriend, and I think he would be happy that we got back together after twenty years.
Thanks for your story about him. I can see those blue eyes and curly red hair.
Your photographs are beautiful!!
Peace,
Nancy Grimley Erickson